Imvelo Safari Lodges has launched a course for young adults to experience a community-based conservation partnership in Zimbabwe. The course will be held twice in 2022: May 19 to May 27 and June 23 to July 1. Participants will be accommodated at Imvelo’s Camelthorn Lodge in Hwange National Park, the largest and most diverse national park in Zimbabwe. Each course will be led by senior management, Zimbabwean professional guides and licensed local guides who will act as group leaders.
This short course will focus on community-based tourism and conservation. A sample of daily activities include:
• Spending time with the Cobras Community Wildlife Protection Unit, learning about the goals of this unique initiative
• Learn about fauna, flora and conservation practices with hands-on experience in the field
• Get an introduction to guiding from Imvelo’s guides
• Learn to prepare meals such as Zimbabwe’s staple foods or traditional braais (Zimbabwean barbecue)
• Learn about wildlife management and research, such as monitoring key species and managing human/wildlife conflict
Pricing starts from $2,600 per person age 17-25 for an 8-night stay, including shared accommodations, three meals daily, nonalcoholic drinks, WiFi, laundry, park fees, transfers to and from Victoria Falls Airport and one game-viewing activity daily. Full payment must be made by Feb. 28. Contact [email protected] for full details on pricing, exclusions and terms and conditions.
Source: Read Full Article