Preferred Hotels & Resorts welcomes 22 new member hotels
Preferred Hotels & Resorts, the world’s largest independent hotel brand, is pleased to welcome 22 new member hotels, resorts, and residences to its curated collection of more than 700 distinctive properties around the world. From a 35-acre private island luxury resort in the Maldives and a new opening in Paris to the brand’s first-ever hotels in Quebec City (Canada), Apulia (Italy), and Malaga (Spain), each of these new member properties, which joined between April and June 2018, cater to discerning travelers who seek extraordinary service and singular luxury travel experiences.
Highlights of the new additions include:
- JA Manafaru (Manafaru, Maldives) – Located on a 35-acre private island on the northern Haa Alif atoll of the Maldives, this luxury resort is the epitome of bucket list travel with its unparalleled accommodations ranging from beachfront bungalows to over-water villas with infinity pools. Surrounded by crystal clear blue waters and perfectly white sandy beaches, the resort’s exclusive locale is ideal for outdoor activities such as Maldivian fishing excursions, guided snorkeling safaris, diving expeditions, local cooking classes, sunrise beach yoga and diving sessions. With enough activities to build up an appetite, the resort offers a variety of local and international cuisine across seven restaurants, including ‘The Cellar’ – a unique underground stone cave stocked with hand-selected vintage wines.
o Discover #ThePreferredLife – Guests seeking complete isolation can arrange a visit to nearby Castaway Island, an uninhabited secluded isle owned by the resort, for private picnics and overnight stays in rustic island huts.
- Borneo Eagle Resort (Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia) – Nestled on the pristine island of Pulau Tiga, off the west coast of Sabah, Malaysia is a luxury boutique resort flanked by clear azure waters, a stretch of white sandy beach, and magnificent coral reefs. Thirteen spacious, well-appointed ocean-front villas offer discerning guests unparalleled views of the South China Sea. Dining at Borneo Eagle Resort abides by a farm-to-table philosophy where organic fish and vegetables from the resort owner’s farms on the mainland of Sabah are featured prominently on the international menu. The on-site spa offers pampering signature treatments that harness the healing qualities of the volcanic soil from the island.
o Discover #ThePreferredLife – Guests wishing to keep up their fitness routine will appreciate complimentary water sports activities like kayaking and snorkeling, as well as personal Yoga and Pilates classes, upon request.
- The One Barcelona (Barcelona, Spain) – Set in one of Barcelona’s most exclusive neighborhoods just steps from Paseo de Gracia, newly opened The One Barcelona offers an invigorating hospitality experience that exudes comfort, bespoke service, and personality in every space. Conceptualized by award-winning designer Jaime Beriestain, the hotel’s interiors offer a stylish palette of gold, marble, copper, stone and glass. Open seasonally on the impressive top floor terrace, the Mood Rooftop Bar provides a new vantage point for the city and a place to enjoy fresh and dynamic cuisine against the backdrop of a local DJ who plays on Thursday evenings and Sunday afternoons. Steps away, hotel guests have exclusive access to the rooftop’s plunge pool and solarium.
o Discover #ThePreferredLife – Arguably offering some of the best views of the city skyline, the hotel’s Sagrada Familia Suite presents a private terrace equipped with a luxurious Jacuzzi, sunbeds, outdoor shower and unobstructed views of the city’s most prized landmark, the Segrada Familia Roman Catholic church.
- 9Hotel Confidentiel (Paris, France) – Positioned in the trendy Marais district and featuring a design by visionary architect Philippe Starck, the ultra-modern 9Hotel Confidentiel is slated to open in October 2018. Part of the 9Hotel Collection group, the boutique property will feature 29 rooms, including three suites with panoramic views of the city, along with a chic lounge and trendy cocktail bar managed by renowned mixologist Nico de Soto, who first grew to distinction through the Experimental Cocktail Clubs in Paris, London and New York. Feasibly one of the city’s most recognized landmarks, hotel guests can take utmost advantage of the hotel’s prime location by walking less than a mile to the legendary Notre Dame Cathedral.
o Discover #ThePreferredLife – Teaming up with Parisian custom-made skincare brand Codage, the hotel will offer in-room, à-la-carte beauty and well-being treatments, including manicures and pedicures, and special face and body therapies.
- Hotel 71 (Quebec City, Canada) – Located in a 19th-century stone building in the center of Quebec’s historical Old Port district, Hotel 71 seamlessly blends modern convenience with European-style boutique charm. This neo-classic property, which was once the head office of the National Bank of Canada, offers 60 luxuriously appointed guestrooms and suites, along with sweeping views of the St. Lawrence River, Cap Diamant and the historic Petit Champlain district. Guests looking for exclusive luxury can book the 7th floor Penthouse Suite, featuring a private rooftop terrace, living area, fireplace, kitchenette, and private home theater. Downstairs in the lobby, visitors can revel in a self-serve grand-cru wine bar that conveniently remains open until 3:00a.m. The hotel also plays host to a fitness center, boutique homegoods storefront, and stylish Italian restaurant, Il Matto.
o Discover #ThePreferredLife – Art enthusiasts will be delighted with the hotel’s permanent art gallery that was created in conjunction with the Vincent et moi program, a charitable organization dedicated to supporting artists with mental health challenges.
Additional member hotels to join Preferred Hotels & Resorts in the second quarter of 2018 include:
- Gokulam Grand Hotel & Spa – Bengaluru, India
- Mosaic Hotels – Mussoorie, India
- Balboa Bay Resort – Newport Beach, California
- Beechwood Hotel – Worchester, Massachusetts
- Marigot Bay Resort & Marina – Marigot Bay, Saint Lucia
- Edgbaston Hotel & Conference Centre – Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Farris Bad – Larvik, Norway
- Grand Hotel San Pietro – Taormina, Italy
- Hotel Imperial – Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic
- Hotel Vincci Estrella Del Mar – Marbella, Spain
- Hotel Vincci Seleccion Posada del Patio – Malaga, Spain
- Kalidria Hotel & Thalasso SPA – Apulia, Italy
- Summum Prime Boutique Hotel – Palma de Mallorca, Spain
- Vivienda Al Hada Residences – Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Yasuragi – Stockholm, Sweden
Whether traveling for business or leisure, travelers can access exclusive member rates and earn reward points at many of these properties along with 650 others around the world through the Preferred Hotels & Resorts I Prefer Hotel Rewards program. Free to join, the program extends points redeemable towards free nights and other on-property expenditures, elite status, and other complimentary benefits to members. Bookings can be made online at PreferredHotels.com or on the I Prefer mobile app, available on Android and iOS.
For more information on these hotels or any of the properties represented within the Preferred Hotels & Resorts portfolio, please visit www.PreferredHotels.com.
About Preferred Hotels & Resorts
Preferred Hotels & Resorts is the world’s largest independent hotel brand, representing more than 700 distinctive hotels, resorts, residences, and unique hotel groups across 85 countries. Through its five global collections, Preferred Hotels & Resorts connects discerning travelers to the singular luxury hospitality experience that meets their life and style preferences for each occasion. Every property within the portfolio maintains the high quality standards and unparalleled service levels required by the Preferred Hotels & Resorts Integrated Quality Assurance Program. The I Prefer™ hotel rewards program, Preferred Residences℠, Preferred Pride℠, and Preferred Golf™ offer valuable benefits for travelers seeking a unique experience. For more information, visit PreferredHotels.com.
Source: Read Full Article