Southern Highlands to become the Southern Pie-lands this week
The Southern Highlands of NSW is preparing to be renamed the Southern Pie-lands for the month of June with the annual Pie Time celebrations being launched this coming Friday 1st June.
The month-long celebration of the great Australian pie, which will feature mouth-watering pie themed events, tours and activities, is to be officially launched on Friday by Destination Southern Highlands in Berrima.
“Pie Time 2018 is without doubt going to be bigger and better this year. We have huge industry support, loads of new events and tours for visitors to enjoy, and of course the most delicious pie varieties you can imagine,” said Steve Rosa, Manager Tourism and Events, Destination Southern Highlands.
“Throughout June, visitors can travel to the Southern Highlands and enjoy the humble pie in so many ways. They can meet local pie makers on the pie trail, enjoy the regions signature cool climate pinot noir and pies at some of our best wineries, ride an electric bike on the pie-cycle bike tour, enjoy a pie-tea – that’s a pie themed high tea, or bake their own pies with pie themed cooking classes.
“We’ve got pie and pinot kombi, jeep or mini bus tours, dining on signature pies at 42 iconic Southern Highlands locations, and PieFest – our two-day pie festival which takes place at the Bong Bong Picnic Racecourse Bowral on the 23rd and 24th of June.
“We can’t wait to welcome visitors to Australia’s Home of Pies, the Southern Pie-lands, to meet our local characters, enjoy our events, our hospitality and of course our pies,” Steve concluded.
For more information on Pie Time visit www.pietime.com.au
What is Pie Time?
Pie Time is the Southern Highlands’ celebration of the great Aussie pie. It’s a month-long program of mouth-watering pie themed events, activities, tours and experiences. More at www.pietime.com.au
When is Pie Time?
1-30 June 2018
Some Pie Time Highlights:
- Pie and Pinot lunches and dinners and kombi or jeep tours.
- Dine with a Pie – signature pies in some fabulous flavour varieties from 42 of the Southern Highlands’ most iconic locations. https://www.southern-highlands.com.au/events/pietime/dine-with-a-pie
- Pie Cycle Bike Tours of the Southern Highlands.
- Paddock to Plate and Pies Tours.
- Pie Bon Fire
- State of Origin Pie Night
- Pie Museum Display
- NSW/ACT Best Pie Competition – 13-15 June – as the name suggests this competition will pit pie against pie with bakers, pie makers, chefs, cooks and home bakers all eligible to enter. The best pies are then on display and available to taste during PieFest. https://www.southern-highlands.com.au/events/whats-on/nswact-best-pie-competition—southern-highlands
- PieFest Southern Highlands – a two-day celebration of Pies at the Bong Bong Picnic Racecourse, 23/24 June. Loads of pies, market stalls, food and wine, children’s activities and family fun. Plus, appearances by Pie Time Ambassador, Robertson’s own Nathan Hindmarsh, and Fast Ed Halmagyi from Better Homes & Gardens https://www.southern highlands.com.au/events/pietime/pie-festival
- Pie-teas (a pie themed take on high teas)
- Pie themed cooking classes.
- Pie and Trike Tours.
- Pie Night.
- The Great Pie Drive Fundraiser
- Pie Time stays – accommodation packages
Source: Read Full Article