OUT NOW Ground Control magazine issue no 3
o The 3rd issue of Council of Australian Tour Operators (CATO) ‘Ground Control’ magazine is out now.
o The magazine addresses key issues for the ‘land supply’ sector and the travel industry more broadly.
The third edition of Ground Control magazine—published by the Council of Australian Tour Operators (CATO)—is out now! It’s jam-packed with travel industry goodness. Have you grabbed your copy?
Published quarterly, CATO’s Ground Control is a free digital-downloadable magazine that takes a look at the important issues of the day, and some that might be just over the horizon.
“This is a massive edition,” says CATO Managing Director, Brett Jardine.
“It’s 68-pages of rich travel content for anyone who works in the travel industry. Importantly, it’s free—a simple download or e-mag readable online at the CATO website,” adds Jardine.
Among the feature articles is one about an issue that has been rankling many CATO members in recent years: unethical advertising practices.
“With a number of online travel agents promoting unrealistic discount levels by publishing inflated ‘base’ prices, we were compelled to highlight the issue and seek to put some clarification around what is acceptable advertising practice,” says Jardine.
In the latest article highlighting legal responsibilities and ramifications, Aaron Zoanetti from Pointon Partners explains liability exposure for anyone selling travel packages to EU/UK residents.
You’ll also find the following in the 3rd edition of Ground Control:
- A fascinating ‘Europe 2.0′ feature
- The best of Europe’s Christmas markets as well as top reasons why the Loire Valley and Champagne are France’s must-see gems
- A preview of findings from CATO’s special Australians on Holiday international leisure travel trends research report
- Profiles of travel industry insiders, new CATO members, and the winners of the inaugural CATO Awards
- A Seychelles destination spotlight
- Travel photography and health tips
- Sno’n’Ski is offering 30 top-selling agents eight nights in the powder snow of Shizukuishi, Appi Kogen, Shiga Kogen and Hakuba
- Scenic’s brand new luxury expedition ship, Scenic Eclipse
- Abercrombie & Kent reveals its 2020 ‘Hot List’
“Ground Control is a great platform for travel industry professionals to stay on top of what’s going on in the ‘land supply’ sector. We also encourage readers to follow CATO on Facebook and LinkedIn,” says Jardine.
Published by CATO, Ground Control can be read online, as a flipbook or as a PDF download.
The Council of Australian Tour Operators (CATO) is the representative body for Tour Operators and Wholesalers that supply travel product for Australians travelling to domestic and international destinations.
Membership of the Council of Australian Tour Operators (CATO) is a hallmark of competence and integrity. CATO members promote an ethical and sustainable style of travel and are all ATAS Accredited for holidays with peace of mind.
All members sign up to CATO‘s Quality Charter, ensuring the highest standards of supply and delivery of travel product
For more information about CATO and its members, visit www.cato.travel
Source: Read Full Article