Dubai-based carrier set to increase its passenger schedule to 52 destinations in July
If you hold a Dubai residence visa and would like to return to Dubai, you must have government approval to enter.
Emirates airline has provided a detailed account of the steps necessary for returning residents to Dubai and those looking to depart the emirate on holiday.
In the latest update on the Dubai-based carrier’s website, it stressed that the processes apply to all Dubai residents, who are either currently overseas and want to return, or wish to initiate travel from Dubai and return.
Residents returning to Dubai
- If you hold a Dubai residence visa and would like to return to Dubai, you must have government approval to enter. You can apply for this approval while making your booking online or through the Emirates contact centres. Otherwise you can complete the application yourself on the General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs (GDRFA) website directly, before you book your flight with Emirates.
- During the GDRFA application process, you will be asked to enter your Resident File Number. You can find this number on your visa under File.
- Check the GDRFA website to see the status of your application. If your application is approved, you will receive an email with a GDRFA reference number. If the application can’t be processed at the time of the request, you can try again after four days. There is no need to follow up on your status with the Emirates call centre or GDRFA.
- You will be asked for your GDRFA Application Number to complete your travel booking, either online or through our call centre.
- Bring a copy of the GDRFA approval email with you when you travel, as you might be requested to present this.
- Every passenger flying to Dubai is required to fill in this health declaration form and the quarantine undertaking form. Both forms need to be printed and completed before you travel and handed over to Dubai Health Authority staff at arrival. The quarantine undertaking form will only go into effect if you need to undergo quarantine.
- On arrival in Dubai, you are required to take a PCR test and remain in your residence until you receive the test result. If the test result is positive, you will be required to undergo isolation and follow the Dubai Health Authority guidelines.
- You must also download the Covid-19 – DXB Smart App
- Returning residents must declare that they either have travel insurance covering Covid-19 or will bear the costs for treatment and isolation if required.
- The process described above also applies to Dubai residents leaving and returning to Dubai
Dubai residents planning to travel out of Dubai
- Passengers must be aware of and meet the travel requirements of the country they are travelling to.
- Residents do not need a Covid-19 test or Dubai government approval to leave Dubai.
A spokesperson said: “Covid-19 flight and travel restrictions remain in place across many countries around the world. We are closely monitoring the situation as it evolves, and we hope to resume services as soon as conditions allow. This includes receiving government approvals, the easing of travel restrictions, and commercial demand.”
Arabian Business digital magazine: read the latest edition online
Source: Read Full Article