Four UK theme parks have been voted in the top 25 “best of the best” things to do in the TripAdvisor Traveller’s Choice awards for 2022.
And, unusually, one you may never have heard of was chosen for the top five ahead of Disneyland Paris and Alton Towers, reports MyLondon.
The awards are based on TripAdvisor reviews over the last year with the top spots taken by Siam Park in Adeje, Spain reigned victorious, followed by Puy du Fou, Les Epesses, France, and Beto Carrero World in Penha, Brazil.
And, while UK parks managed to make the list four times it was the number five spot that caught our attention.
The Milky Way Adventure Park in Clovelly, North Devon, beat out competition from the likes of Blackpool Pleasure Park and Tamworth’s Drayton Manor.
The Devon park is much lesser known even around Britain, but was voted the fifth best park in the world, the fourth best in Europe and the number one park in the UK.
As a family-run attraction it started out as a dairy farm near Bude, Cornwall, but now hosts thrilling rides like the Cosmic Typhoon coaster and Ziggy's Blast Quest where you can ride scooters and shoot lasers.
There’s also the Jumping Jupiters, a death slide and the Droid Destroyer Dodgems.
Little ones can dive into the Cosmic Caterpillar, Milky Way train and a soft play for tiny tots, while kids can also plunge down the gravity Rider slides and hop aboard the Milky Way Railway.
There are live shows including Birds of Prey and Merlin’s Family Show with juggling and magic.
And, when the weather turns drizzly kids can dive into the trampoline packed Ninja Stars play area, Planet Play Adventure Area and a Bouncing Balloon room.
The park has an overall rating of 4.5 from 2,500 visitors.
One glowing review said: “It was well worth the money and exceeded all the family expectations.
“We were greeted with such a warm welcome. All the staff were super smiley and clearly they enjoy their work. We loved our day out. Something to suit all ages.
“We will definitely be back for the summer. Well done fantastic place and awesome staff.”
Mum slams parents for 'pussyfooting' around kids who 'shriek' on planes
While another added: “This establishment is honestly worth the money you pay. It has such a variety of entertainment for the family. Young children will especially like it.”
Meanwhile, short queue times are often mentioned in the reviews meaning less time hanging around in the sun waiting to board.
The Milky Way Adventure Park is very good value for money. Tickets for adults cost from £14.95 while little ones can get in from £7.95.
Other UK parks to make the cut in the top 25 rankings were Drayton Manor, Alton Towers and Blackpool Pleasure Beach. While you may be surprised not to see firm favourites like Thorpe Park make the cut, this is because the rankings looked at resorts with amusement parks and water parks.
Tripadvisor’s top 25 amusement parks & water parks in the world
- Siam Park, Adeje, Spain
- Puy du Fou, Les Epesses, France
- Beto Carrero World, Penha, Brazil
- Puy du Fou Espana, Toledo, Spain
- The Milky Way Adventure Park, Clovelly, UK
- Hot Park, Rio Quente, Brazil
- Waterbom Bali, Kuta, Indonesia
- Dollywood, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, USA
- Universal’s Islands of Adventure, Orlando, Florida, USA
- Parque Terra Magica Florybal, Canela, Brazil
- Gardaland Park, Castelnuovo del Garda, Italy
- Futuroscope, Chasseneuil-du-Poitou, France
- Alton Towers Theme Park, Alton, UK
- Blackpool Pleasure Beach, Blackpool, UK
- Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee, France
- Parco Cavour, Valeggio Sul Mincio, Italy
- Drayton Manor Theme Park, Tamworth, UK
- Legoland Malaysia, Johor Bahru, Malaysia
- Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Paphos Aphrodite Waterpark, Paphos, Cyprus
- Magic Kingdom Park, Orlando, Florida, USA
- Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Universal Studios Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, USA
- Djurs Sommerland, Nimtofte, Denmark
- Katmandu Park, Magaluf, Spain
The Milky Way Adventure Park beat out major competition like Universal’s Islands of Adventure, Magic Kingdom Park Orlando and Universal Studios Hollywood.
You can book tickets for the Milky Way Adventure Park here.
Source: Read Full Article