Simon Calder outlines customer rights after EasyJet cancellations
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
easyJet passengers hoping to travel to or from Barcelona’s El Prat airport, Malaga and Palma de Mallorca could all face uncertainty in their travel plans this weekend as the first phase of staff strikes begins. Some 450 people working for the airline in Spain have staged walkouts over pay today and will continue to do so until Sunday, July 3. The disruption is expected to continue into the month too, with two more weekends of walkouts planned in July. easyJet has said it plans to operate its “full schedule of flights” today, yet several flights have already been impacted by the action. This is the full list of flights that have been delayed or cancelled by the airline on Friday, July 1.
When are easyJet strikes happening?
Today marks the first of nine days worth of planned strike action throughout July.
A dispute over pay for easyJet workers in Spain is to blame for the disruption after it was revealed by the USO that its members in Spain have a base salary of around €850 less a month than easyJet cabin crew in France and Germany.
The union, which has been in a dispute with the airline since February, will support workers who choose to go ahead with planned strike action throughout the month.
Three separate phases of strikes have been scheduled on the following dates:
- Friday, July 1
- Saturday, July 2
- Sunday, July 3
- Friday, July 15
- Saturday, July 16
- Sunday, July 17
- Friday, July 29
- Saturday, July 30
- Sunday, July 31
Staff based at Barcelona’s El Prat airport, Malaga, and Palma de Mallorca will take part in the action, all of which have seen several departing flights cancelled or delayed today as a result.
easyjet departures from Palma de Mallorca Airport, July 1
According to the live departure board for Palma Airport, the following easyJet departures have been delayed or cancelled today:
- Palma (PMI) to (BER) Berlin 7.10am U25800 – delayed
- Palma (PMI) to (BOD) Bordeaux 7.15am U27456 – delayed
- Palma (PMI) to (LGW) London Gatwick 10.25am U28624 – cancelled
- Palma (PMI) to (BRS) Bristol 2:10pm U26042 – delayed
- Palma (PMI) to (BSL) Basel, Switzerland/Mulhouse 1.30pm U21060 – delayed
- Palma (PMI) to (LGW) London Gatwick 9.20pm U26448 – cancelled
Happiest city in the world is a popular tourist destination [INSIGHT]
Travel Chaos: ‘Think this is bad, wait for the school holidays’ [ANALYSIS]
Airline strikes 2022: Full list of strike action taking place [REVEAL]
easyjet departures from Malaga Airport–El Prat (AGP), July 1
According to the live departure board for Malaga airport, the following easyJet departures have been delayed or cancelled today:
- Malaga (AGP) to London Gatwick (LGW) 00.05am U28612 – cancelled
- Malaga (AGP) to London Luton (LTN) 00.50am U22412- delayed
- Malaga (AGP) to London Gatwick (LGW) 6.05am U28604 – cancelled
- Malaga (AGP) to Birmingham (BHX) 7.15am U27442 – cancelled
- Malaga (AGP) to London Gatwick (LGW) 4.45pm U28608 – delayed
- Malaga (AGP) to London Luton (LTN) 5.20pm U22408- delayed
- Malaga (AGP) to London Gatwick (LGW) 8.15pm U28610 – delayed
- Malaga (AGP) to Glasgow (GLA )9.50pm U26864 – delayed
easyJet departures from Barcelona Airport–El Prat (BCN), July 1
According to the live departure board for Barcelona Airport–El Prat airport, the following easyJet departures have been delayed or cancelled today:
- Barcelona (BCN) to (GVA) Geneva 5pm U21408 – delayed
- Barcelona (BCN) to (BRS) Bristol 10:15pm U260308 – delayed
Source: Read Full Article