Halloween at the Australian Museum
The Australian Museum (AM) has announced the return of its popular Jurassic Lounge Halloween-themed after-hours party for adults on Saturday 27th October.
Jurassic Lounge: Halloween will transform the AM into the ultimate ghoulish playground for grownups with a spine-tingling line-up of music, performances, interactive games and pop-up bars.
The special Saturday night program features bone-rattling DJ beats, puppeteers, ghost tours, dancers, electronic megafauna, scientists and much more.
Jurassic Lounge brings the nation’s first museum to life after-hours for lovers of parties, live music, fun and good food and drink. Guests are encouraged to go all out with their Halloween outfits for a chance to win great prizes. Gore Galore Make-up artists will be on hand to add gashes and wounds, so that Dating after Death participants look their best when they’re matched with other singles for 10-minute museum dates.
“Museums come alive after hours. There is no better place to get into the spirt of Halloween than among our wonderful galleries full of all sorts of specimens and artefacts,’ Director and CEO, Australian Museum, Kim McKay AO said. Now in its eighth year, Jurassic Lounge adds a new dimension to the museum and the celebration of Halloween. And on that night you never know what might happen.”
Jurassic Lounge: Halloween features:
- Raise the Dead Drummers: Spine-tingling performances and workshops by ghostly drum corps.
- Silent Disco: Wireless headphones and two DJs spinning eerie tracks to dance the demons away.
- Tyiirr Ngiyangkaraa Spirit Story: First Nations ghost stories with Wailwan performer Sara Khan.
- Dead Petting Zoo: Taxidermy talent transformed into a supernatural electronic orchestra.
- Gore Galore Make-up Madness: Talented make-up artists creating ghoulish looks.
- Giant Dance Lesson: The ultimate fright fest dance-off!
- Dating After Death Bureau: Paranormal match-making hosted by the Corpse Bride.
- Creatures of the Night Booth: AM scientists and specialists delve into the nocturnal world of bats, taxidermy and brain dissections.
- Misfortune Cookie Craft: Bloodcurdling craft activities.
- Haunted Gallery Ghost Tours: Terrifying guided ghost tours with torches.
- Whales Tohorā Exhibition: Out-of-this-world Whales Te Hora exhibition.
- Best Costume Competition and Photo Booth: Haunted prizes for ghastly Halloween costumes.
What: Jurassic Lounge: Halloween When: 7pm – 10.30pm, Saturday 27th October 2018
Where: Australian Museum – 1 William Street, Sydney
Tickets: Ages 18+ only – $25* pre-booked; $30 on the door (subject to availability). Available from www.jurassiclounge.com. * Ticket prices are exclusive of $1.64 booking fee.
Source: Read Full Article